Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Friend Goo

Today a coworker had a surprise for me. She had two full, 24 count, boxes of Gu energy gels. Her boyfriend had purchased them a while back and he's not going to be using them any time soon, since he's deployed right now, and not training for any type of physical event soon, so she GAVE them to me. It was like Christmas! The boxes are assorted flavors, so I get to try some of the flavors I haven't tried yet. Hooray!

Yesterday's Song:
Old Man - Neil Young - Be A Good One

PEACE

6 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Cool!!! Christmas in March!!!

barbie2be said...

sonic youth...

i have never tried gu. but i do know some athletes that swear by it. when i did the tri in '06 i relied on bananas and water.

Irene said...

Katie,
I was so happy that my coworker thought of me to bring those in!

Barbie2be,
I actually prefer Powergels, but I'll take the Gu. My husband likes them and I like the ones with caffeine. Winner with Sonic Youth!!!

leslie said...

That IS like Christmas in March!!! I use a gel on any run over 6 or 7 miles. How do you decide when you'll use one?

simplypink said...

That's great! Is it actually a gel? You can tell how athletic I am! :)

Irene said...

Leslie,
For an endurance athlete, yes, it's like Christmas in March!!! That about $50 worth of Gu, right there!

Simplypink,
Yes, it's a goo/gel, kind of the consistency of honey, but not so sticky. They have a certain ratio of sugars and salt, some vitamins, and a few have caffiene. Once you get into a sport you'd be amazed about all the stuff there is! I never used the Gu or Powergel stuff until I started marathon training. They do come in handy. :)