Sunday, March 30, 2008

Modern Nature

I'm not an enotmologist, and I tried to look up this bug, but have you ever been to an entomolgy website? There's THOUSANDS of bugs, and that's in the listing for the Southern California area. This one probably falls under the beetle category. I'm just guessing...






















Even in neglect, some plants thrive and are quite beautiful. This daisy is from a pottted arrangement I had in my front yard last year. Only the daisies came back, and with full force. They're quite lovely.






















Duck! This is just one little concrete duck left over from a set of lawn ornament ducks my grandparents had in the yard. They were a family of about 6 or 7 concrete ducks, ranging in size from the parent ducks all the way down to the little bitty runt duck. I don't know what happened to the rest of the ducks, they're either burried under bushes in the yard, were picked up at the estate sale, or just thrown out. So far, this one is the sole survivor. I did find a concrete frog. I wonder if the plastic pink flamingos are still around? We keep finding things...























You know it's really Spring when the fig tree that my husband has butchered, I mean pruned, comes back every single time.


















Yesterday's Song:
One More Cup Of Coffee - Robert Plant, Bob Dylan - Barbie2be

PEACE

3 comments:

barbie2be said...

those photo's are awesome.

i love daisys. they are my most favorite flower because the are so cheerful. :)

NotSoccer Mom said...

beautiful pix!!

Irene said...

Barbie2be,
Thanks. Nothing says "Spring" more than a daisy!

NSM,
Thanks!