Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I Found Out About You

I found the photo! That's my husband running on Fiesta Island at the Sue Krenn 15K. Luckily, more photos were posted the next day, and sure enough, there was his. I believe this is while he was still feeling good.

I've managed to sign up to be in the random drawing for the Nike Women's Half Marathon. It was a little difficult to even sign up for the random drawing because the site was busy. They do not give any consideration to people who have participated in this event before, unless they have run in all of their events for the past 4 years or so. I'm hopeful that I'll be selected. Someone suggested that I try going through Team In Training, but I don't want to go that route, or at least not yet. Don't get me wrong, I think Team In Training is a wonderful thing to do, and I've heard nothing but great things about being a part of it. I still want to do this run independently.

Tonight's track club run was was a tempo run for 20 minutes, walk/jog for 5 minutes, run for another 20 minutes then walk for another 5. I started out with C group but finished with the people in B group. I'm anxious to look at my stats but the BiM site is down. I'll try and post those tomorrow.

Yesterday's song:
Take A Chance On Me - Abba - Smartypantz

PEACE

6 comments:

Miss Rachel said...

Hey Irene. Good luck getting into the race. A Tiffany necklace sounds like a great incentive. In addition to the thrill of running of course. ;-)

Thanks for commenting. Yours was one of the blogs I was thinking of when I wrote my Blog 365 post. I just got caught up on yours today. For now.

Re; your sewing projects. I will be interested to see your running skirts. Maybe you can start an online shop!

Pamela said...

Wow a necklace?? HOLY!

barbie2be said...

gin blossoms?

i was able to sign up for the half right after visiting you yesterday.
i am really hoping that i get in this year. last year i just putzed around too long and it was sold out by the time i got around to it.

simplypink said...

It's great that you found the picture! I'm sure there were tons of them. :)

Irene said...

Rachel,
Thanks for visiting! I'm having a hard time, some days, with this blogging for a year thing. When it's over I'm not going to do it again. I may even stop early... I have yet to start the skirt project and I'm so anxious to do so. Life has been so busy.

Pamela,
It's a small pendant, but I get a lot of comments when I wear it. Sometimes I'll forget I'm wearing it and someone will stop me to find out more about the event.

Barbie2be,
I so hope you get in too! This is the first year they're doing the lottery. Winner with Gin Blossoms!

Irene said...

Simply Pink,
There were hundreds of pics!