Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The New Transmission

Last night's track club workout:
Activity: Run
Date: 03/04/08 05:30 PM
Distance: 5.54 miles
Time: 0:52:56
Speed: 6.3 mph
Pace: 9' 33 min/mile
Calories: 526


Last night the BiM site was down and they were having transmission problems. I couldn't save my activity and upload it to get my stats. When I was able to save my activity and upload my info, It has my first mile split at something like 23 minutes, but the above stats do not reflect that extra time, which makes no sense. I checked the support section on their website and it turns out that I wasn't alone.

Today's workout:
Yoga - 30 minutes. Does the treadmill at RRS to try out their shoes count? I tried on 5 pairs of shoes and ran on their treadmill each time for about 2 minutes each, then I went between a couple of pairs of shoes a few times. I'd say I spent about 15 minutes total on their treadmill. ;)

I had the people at RRS do the entire analysis of my feet ~ how I run, my foot strike, etc... I've never done that before, they even took a video of me running and did a computerized foot strike analysis, which was rather cool, but I didn't learn anything new. They said what I was wearing, the Asics Gel Kinsei 2, should have been a good shoe choice for me, but with the style change brought on issues I'd never experienced before. My ankles shouldn't hurt. I'm back in the Asics Gel Nimbus, the 9 version (pictured right), and they're going to be discontinued. I stopped wearing the Gel Nimbus when they changed the style on the 8 version. I also liked the Nike Air Max Moto + 5 (pictured left), but I'm really hard on my shoes and Nike just doesn't hold up as well as Asics. The Nike is my second choice if I can't get the Asics Gel Nimbus 9 again. I did get an extra 10% off because I belong to the track club, in addition to my 10% VIP discount, so I saved some cash there. I really didn't want to get another pair of running shoes, but pain is not an option.

Yesterday's song:
I Found Out About You - The Gin Blossoms - Barbie2be

Peace

2 comments:

barbie2be said...

lost prophets?

why didn't you get two of the Asics (if you could afford them)?

then you could have at least one more pair and maybe things would change before you needed another pair.

i need to get an analysis like you did. i have issues with my right hip that make my right leg shorter by about 3/4 of an inch. makes it hard to get even wear on the shoes.

Irene said...

Barbie2be,
My ankle is still pretty sensitive, and I don't want to buy a second pair until I know they'll work out OK. I'm pretty bummed about the other pair causing injury to my foot because they started out OK, but as they wore, they began to hurt. Once I know a show will be OK then I'll seek out the sales. ;)