Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Try

Photo - California Poppy up close, from my backyard today.

Tuesday night SDTC workout recap:

Last night's track workout was supposed to be 12 laps of strides: 200/100 for the first 6 laps, stride 200/50 for the last 6 laps.

After the 3 warm-up laps and stretching, I started the workout OK but had a left quad cramp right away. I tried, but I ended up not doing the workout as stated above, and jogged just about the entire 12 laps. It was warmer than usual last night, and the cramping was most likely caused by not getting electrolytes before I needed them.

I also did not use my BiM to track my workout last night, so no official stats, but I figured I did about 4.5 miles, including the warm up laps.

Today
Luckily I had an appointment with my chiropractor this morning. Even with the quad cramp, my feet and Q-angle were OK, but my clavicle was off. I thought I was feeling the tendinitis returning, but that wasn't the case. Since the adjustment I feel better.

No workout today. I'll go for an easy walk later on. I have a 2 hour marathon pace run with the track club on Saturday. I want to be good to go for that.

Other stuff:
How in shape are you? There's piece from the New York Times about doing push ups. How many can you do? I personally know that I can do at least 20 regulation, knees up, push ups, not just the girly, knee down ones. I was surprised to see the women in this piece. Yes, they are thin, but thin isn't always fit. Thanks to Maggie for bringing this piece attention. I thought it was worth passing along. You can check out the article and video piece HERE.


Yesterday's song:
I've Got To Be Me - Sammy Davis, Jr. - Barbie2be

PEACE

2 comments:

barbie2be said...

macy gray! i love macy. :)


my upper body is SO weak. i can't do any push ups. but, i am working on strengthening it by using weights and resistance.

Irene said...

Barbie2be,
Winner! I also love MG. Love her version of Winter Wonderland. I used to be super weak. I've gotten better but there's always room for improvement.