Friday, February 15, 2008

Weather With You


Photo - Sean M Haffey - Union Tribune


Yesterday San Diego county was surprised with a freak storm. We were expecting to have no more than a few sprinkles then clearing in the afternoon. Mother Nature dumped some weather on us for a change. We had everything. In the lower elevations of the mountains it snowed. In the part of town where I worked it poured. Someone mentioned hail in my neighborhood. I'm glad the weather front moved on before I hit the road home from work last night.

Yesterday's Song - Love Is In The Air - Milk & Sugar Featuring John Paul Young


PEACE

7 comments:

simplypink said...

We're supposed to be in for some freak storms this weekend. I would prefer it be during the week when I'm trapped at work!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's crazy! I think that storm is heading my way now. We are expecting snow Sunday and Monday.

Unknown said...

Hi Irene..I heard about your freak weather-people stranded. Some of my Forest Service buddies were out in the 4WD engines helping people out who were stranded.Scary stuff....happy it didn't effect you too much.

Enjoy your weekend. Hugs, Dede

KatieFeldmom said...

Snow in San Diego? I've never heard of such a crazy thing. What is this world coming to?

Lori said...

Snow is everywhere, we have had more than usual here in KS.

barbie2be said...

jimmy buffet?

yikes... that is truly some freak weather! glad you made it home safely.

Irene said...

Thanks everybody! It's not uncommon for snow to hit at the lower elevations here, we were supposed to get only drizzle! That snow is about a 35 to 45 minute drive from where I'm at. It just made everything colder here.

Barbie2be,
How did you sneak in there? Winner!