Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Vote, Baby, Vote

It's California. Did you vote?

Vote

I voted, right before going to work.

The flu is baaaaaaack. People at work, yes - the few of us - are getting some sort of flu virus. My grandson came down with the stomach flu yesterday. He could not keep anything down. The poor guy was so hungry, but he couldn't even keep down crackers. He is feeling better today but not well enough to go back to school yet. He'll probably return to school on Friday. As for me, I'm doing what ever preventative measures I can think of to stay well.

Tonight was the track workout. We did a tempo run and checked our heart rate through out the workout. I met a couple more people who sort of run at my pace. One lady has been running with the club for the past 3 years or so, and another lady who is new to the club like I am. We either ran behind or in front of eachother at some point. It was nice to have that camaraderie.



Yesterday's Song:
Saturday Morning - Eels

Peace

6 comments:

Donna said...

I hope your grandson is feeling better today. No fun being sick.

I wish I had someone to run with. I used to run with my neighbor but it just didn't work out. She was slower than I was and I felt like she was holding me back. Also, the times at which she could run were so off from the time that I wanted to run.

Sunshine said...

Yea for Voting!

Wishing you NO flu! and good running.

KatieFeldmom said...

~~~No Flu Vibes~~~ on the way!!!

Pamela said...

Yep sending get well vibes here too! I know too well after last week how unfun that all can be!

barbie2be said...

deee-lite? my favorite is groove is in the heart...

i am sick too. i ended ip in the ER yesterday with a really, REALLY bad gallstone attack.

hope your grandson feels better.

Irene said...

Donna,
It's nice to have someone to run with who runs at your pace. It makes a difference.

Sunshine,
Thanks, but it hit! I hope it's short lived.

Katie,
Thanks. I got it anyway, but maybe it won't be that bad.

Pamela,
Thanks. It's so un-fun!

Barbie2be,
Winner!!!!! I hope you're feeling much better... Gall stones can be so painful! Take care!