Saturday, February 23, 2008

I Can See For Miles


Normally, on Saturday I'd have a little blurb with my run stats in red from my GPS - Bones In Motion wireless run tracker at the top of my post. I thought I was charging my phone last night, come to find out AFTER my phone died during my run, and returning home to find my phone charger unplugged, that I didn't actually charge my phone. Because my phone battery was weak, my GPS mileage was not tracking properly before it died. I went back and manually put in my route and found out that I was shorted a mile. I even worked the route twice just to make sure I wasn't adding anything extra to my route. According to the WRT, it had me finishing my 2:02 hours with just less than 12 miles.. When I reworked the map manually, it gave me 13.1. That's a pretty big difference. If that's the case, then I ran my half marathon distance in record time. I'm guesstimating that my mileage is somewhere around 12.5 miles, just to be fair to myself. I don't think I'm under estimating myself, either. My half marathon PR is 2:13:10.

Today's long run with the track club was supposed to be at Cal State U. San Marcos, but there were a bunch of us who felt the drive was too far. I met with a few other track club members and we ran at the bay. We were all at different paces, so the only time we ran together was the first mile. One lady took off like a shot-gun after that. I was next, but I was WAY behind her. Then about a half mile behind me was another lady, then behind her was my husband and another lady. We had another guy start with us, but he kind of wanted to do his own thing, but we met him at the end to chat. We also saw other track club members doing their own thing, so I guess we weren't the only renegades in the bunch.

Yesterday's Song:
Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood


Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I've done that before with my phone.
PS-The scent I used from B&BW is Eucalyptus Spearmint. Super yummy!

Irene said...

Dani,
It's a "D'oh" moment! LOL

I'll have to check out that fragrance!