Sunday, February 24, 2008

Run Shoes Running

Back to square one with running shoes. The Asics gel Kinsei 2, the most current version that I own, is not working out as well as the prior version. During yesterday's run, the back part of the shoe, right below the outer left ankle bone, really dug into me. That part of the shoe is just slightly too high. I'm going to try the inexpensive route first and try replacing the inner soles, just to see if it brings my ankle up higher. I never use the inner soles that comes with the shoes, I always have to replace them with innersoles for high arches. Perhaps I wore them down too quickly. I'd much rather pay $18 for new inner soles first than starting from scratch with new running shoes. Here's to hoping. I just need to wait a week or so before I try out a new inner sole. My ankle is still a bit sore and I'll be wearing my back up Adidas Supernova Cushions. I really liked the prior version of the Asics Gel Kinsei better. I wish they wouldn't change a shoe so much. I understand attempting to make the shoe better so it fits more people, and I did OK with this shoe until I ran 12 + miles this weekend. I digress.

I went looking for inexpensive fabric to attempt making a running skirt. I didn't realize spandex or 4 way stretch fabric was so expensive. I'll keep searching.

Yesterday's song:
I Can See For Miles - The Who

Peace

3 comments:

leslie said...

Irene -- I tried to send you a newsletter, but couldn't get it to send to the email address I have for you. Can you send me a quick email to lgandy at starstream dot net? I'll take it from there!

KatieFeldmom said...

Hope your feet can go the cheaper route. Fingers crossed for the fabric too.

Irene said...

Leslie,
Thanks. :)

Katie,
Shoes are so pricey! I'm going to try and go the thrift store route for fabric. Wish me luck!