Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ghosts In My Machine

I've invested in a serger machine this week. I've been pricing them, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money on one either. This one wasn't overly expensive and the reviews were decent. I've never used a serger before BUT my daughter is currently taking a costume design class for collge credits and she knows how to use a serger. I'm hoping she'll teach me some tricks. I already have a few projects lined up! This machine will be awesome for stretch fabrics, especially when I attempt to make athletic garb. My mother sewed stretch fabric for YEARS without a serger. I wonder what she'd be thinking about this?


It sort of figures that my work schedule this week is rather busy, and I won't be able to play around with the serger until next week.

Having this machine is all tied into getting back into the creative side of my head.


Yesterday's Song:
How Great Thou Art - Elvis Presley - Barbie2be


Peace

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks interesting. YAY! A new toy to play with. Isn't that always the way, you finally get what you want and then have to put it on the back burner before you can play with it?

leslie said...

Very cool to be exploring your creative side!

Pamela said...

Very Cool! My Mom & gramma LIVE for those! I would too if I had the time & $$

KatieFeldmom said...

Very cool!!!
Have a great weekend!!!

Irene said...

Evelyne,
I grew up with a mom who sewed everything we wore. The machine is something that I've thought about getting for a while. I'm going to try my hand at athletic wear.

Leslie,
It's long over due!

Pamela,
It wasn't too bad, cost wise. It was under $200.00. I'm not doing anything industrial so I really didn't need a super expensive machine.

Katie,
Thanks! You too! :)

barbie2be said...

that's an awesome little present for yourself. i wish i had one.