Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Kid


I realy did not see this one coming. I woke up with a runny nose, sneezing and unrested. I was fine last night after the track workout. I did sneeze a couple of times yesterday, but I thought it was from something in the air outside at work.

My boss wanted me to work today but I couldn't because the kid is still home and I said I would watch him today. They're not super busy at the office today, but it's nice to have that back-up of an extra person so they can rotate lunch times. Oh well. Just so the kid wouldn't be on the internet looking at cars all day or watching Cartoon Network on TV for hours, we went outside for a bit and picked oranges and avocados. The avocados aren't ready yet, as they need to sit for a week before they're ready to eat, but we juiced enough oranges to make 2 quarts. The kid thought it was fun to use the juicer. I wish he'd take a nap because I sure need one. He's at that stage of needing or not needing a nap. He slept so much the past 2 days that I'm sure the last thing he wants to do this afternoon is sleep. He's staying occupied with his Hotwheel's cars.


Since I'm home, and even though I feel like crud, I still did laundry, baked banana bread, put together some homemade chicken soup, and cleaned... I need another well version of me right now... I'm so tired!


Yesterday's Song :
Vote, Baby, Vote - Deee-Lite - Barbie2be


Peace

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get some rest girl!

Miss Rachel said...

I hope you feel better soon Irene. Boy, you sure were busy for a "sick day!"

(FYI, I'm having a hard time keeping current on your blog since you post so often now, but I'm still visiting regularly. Take care. :-)

Anne said...

Seems there's something going around. Lots of people with the same symptoms where I work. Running in the rain and cold probably doesn't help...but I bet your chicken soup did!

Anonymous said...

Aren't you supposed to REST when you aren't feeling well??? My, you did more today than I do when I'm feeling GREAT. Get better soon!!!

barbie2be said...

the pretenders.

when i had strep at the beginning of january i felt so back, all i could do was sleep. i didn't even move to the other room and watch tv.

hope you are feeling better soon.

Irene said...

Dani,
OK!

The hard part is being the "mom" and having to take care of everyone else. I need a mom.

Anne.
My boss, who is rarely sick, came down with this too, which is who I probably got it from... Amen to chicken soup!

Evelyne,
I'm tring. When you have a 4 year old to look after it makes things kind of hard, especially when I'm the back up day care for him.

Barbie2be,
Winner! We saw the Pretenders in, I think, 1984 at Universal Ampatheter. The song Kid reminds me of when my daughter was a baby.

KatieFeldmom said...

Feel better soon and take care of yourself.

I hated it when Brian's nap got 'phased out'.

Irene said...

Thanks, Katie.

The thing about naps is if he takes one, he won't go to bed on time at night!

Irene said...

Miss Rachel,
I don't know how I missed you! Some things don't get done unless I do them, which is frustrating at times...

I'm doing blog365 this year. So far I'm doing OK with it, but I don't think I'm going to do it beyond this year.