Saturday, October 04, 2008

The Sweet Escape

Today his mommy went out and purchased the ingredients for the chocolate pizzas, and we immediately went to work on the creations. The grandkid even managed to fit in a nap while the pizza dough was rising. Timing was everything, and since we were dealing with melting chocolate, I didn't take pictures of the whole process, but he had a wonderful time carefully placing each chip on the warm prepared crusts, plus one or two chips for himself.



How do you begin to eat this thing, anyway?

Mmmmmmmm....
FYI - That melamine plate was from my childhood.
What chocolate? Where?

Finger licking good!


Yesterday's song:

Yes We Can - Mark Broussard, The Pointer Sisters

PEACE

6 comments:

Aka Alice said...

Gwen Stefani (finally...I get one!)

Your grandson is just too sweet for words.

BTW...funny line about spotting your daughter last night at Octoberfest...hooding and jeans...yeah, I saw her ;-))

iJuls said...

I think the 2nd picture is my favorite.

barbie2be said...

he is so, so cute!

IronWaddler said...

Priceless photos.

Miss Rachel said...

Oh wow, you actually made the chocolate pizza! It looks really ummy.

Seems like your grandson may be a budding chef!

Irene said...

AKA Alice,
Winner! Yeah, I knew you would have seen my daughter there!!! Ha.

Juls,
Thanks. :)

Barbie2be,
Thanks. :)

Waddler26.2,
They grow so fast. It won't be long until he's on the high school football team, or something like that! Thanks.

Rachel,
I've learned to strike while the iron is hot, so to say. This was such a hands on activity, and he was interested every step of the way! I'm surprised he didn't camp out in front of the oven while the chocolate pizzas cooked! He loves to cook. :)