Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Come Join Us

Over at Pinkdumbbells.com, I mentioned that I had signed up for the 5k and challenged the other members to join me on November 9, but to do a 5k event in their area or just go the 5k distance on their own. Much to my surprise, the idea is growing. Maggie even had a blog post about making your own 5k race, and making a donation to your charity of choice. The Shelter Island 5k run/walk I'm participating in supports the The 5k I'm in supports the Injured Soldiers Program (Injured US Military) San Diego Adaptive Sports Foundation. Others are selecting to do their own 5k and donating what ever money they would have paid for a 5k event to a charity - such as their local ASPCA. The great thing about making your own 5k is that you can place first in your age group and over all, and win all the prizes! Heh. Any one else out there wanna join us? November 9, 2008 is the date!

Yesterday's song:

It Can Only Get Better - Charice - Barbie2be

PEACE

3 comments:

Aka Alice said...

I'll be doing Shelter Island too...

Yay...we'll finally meet in person!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! Let me think about it and I will let you know.

:-)

Irene said...

AKA Alice,
Looking forward to it! We need to get Anne there, too!

Shosh,
Great!