Friday, June 27, 2008

Yummy



I like cake. There's no secret about it. It's not like I eat cake constantly, and I probably can count on one hand the times I've had an entire piece for myself this year. I'm not sure exactly why, but I did not have cake for my birthday this year. I had one bite of a brownie the day before when we went out with the family. On the actual day of my birthday, we ended up at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner, and they really don't have cake. The catch is that I'm allergic to dairy, so cheesecake is out. They had an apple crisp, put the ala mode in a different dish for my husband, and stuck a candle in the crisp, which was OK but it still wasn't cake. Even when I went out with the gang from work, there was no cake. It's still June and still my birthday month, and I asked my husband to PLEASE go get a good chocolate cake, and none of that cheap cake with Crisco frosting crap that I always scrape off. Chocolate cake with real chocolate frosting was in order. My husband sent my son to Von's (Safeway) for the very much wanted confection. My son did well with the cake selection. As he walked in the door, I exclaimed, "Who wants cake? I do!" And then sang, to the tune of happy birthday "Chocolate caaaake for me." Everyone pretty much ignored me, but I was in total bliss. You'd think I'd never had cake before. It was delicious.

Yesterday's song:

Camera Obscura - Enigma

PEACE

5 comments:

Anne said...

We are soooo opposite. I am not a big cake fan, and I hate chocolate. Reading back through the last few posts, it sounds like you're truly back in the swing of things, save running. I'm still lifting my jaw off the ground from the size of that party limo. Can only imagine what fun that was!!!


Hmmm...going to take a total guess. The Archies?

KatieFeldmom said...

The YouTube video was funny. So true about the cake and how if you eat a whole pizza, you're okay, but if you eat a whole cake, you're not normal.

Irene said...

Anne,
Since I can't have ice cream without looking like a lizard (which was my fav, especially Hagen Daaz) cake is next. ;) I'm doing what I can to get in some kind of work out, just so I don't turn into mush. The limo would have been more fun if everyone didn't need to return back to work the next day. We still had a good time!

Katie,
LOL... So true! Good to see you back!

Aka Alice said...

Leftover cake for breakfast is my favorite thing EVER!!!!

Irene said...

AKA Alice,
With milk, well it IS breakfast! :)