Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Winner Takes It All

I don't watch a ton of TV, but I'm hooked on shows like Bravo TV's Top Chef, which wrapped up season 4 with their winner, Stephanie. I honestly felt season 3 of Top Chef better, but this season kept me watching as well. Stephanie was the least controversial of the contestants. I was hoping Stephanie would pull out some tricks at the end and win, although Richard often had some techniques that even the master chefs who were judging didn't know about, and he was just an all around nice guy. I still can't figure out how Lisa made it to the final three, but I guess she just happened to squeak by when a more talented chef just happened to mess up just a little bit more than she did. I was intrigued by the soup she made for the finale, as the judges kept saying how wonderful it was. I really wanted to have a bite of Stephanie's roasted lamb medallions, which is what won the judges over.

Every time I watch shows like Top Chef, I get itchy to attempt making something just a little bit different, or I'll look at restaurant food with a more critical eye. It happens every time.

Now that season 4 of Top chef is over, I'm (once again) eagerly awaiting the next season of Project Runway, which premiers next month. I know. I'm a dork.

Yesterday's song:
Dress You Up - Madonna - Barbie2be

PEACE

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Is that ABBA? I love Project Runway! But I always watch them the year after in a marathon viewing.

barbie2be said...

boy, stephanie sure flew in under the radar all season didn't she? but she did blow me away with her finale dishes! you go girl!

Irene said...

Michelle,
Winner! Because of marathon viewing of PR, I got hooked! I was home sick during season 2, and got caught up for the finale that same day!

Barbie2be,
I know, but she always seemed to pull through. I'm glad she won.