Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Power Of Good Bye


It's sort of funny when, as the older you get, most of your birthday cards from your real estate agent, eye doctor, dentist, insurance agent and QVC...

My Birthday is tomorrow, Monday, June 9. I've never had a problem with birthdays or age. I always embrace it. I love celebrating my birthday, not because of parties or gifts (even though those are great) but because I have the gift of life, and there's so much to enjoy.

As I bid adieu to 48, I look forward to 49 with even more gusto. Watch out, world!

Yesterday's song:
One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) - Frank Sinatra

PEACE

7 comments:

Aka Alice said...

Evan's your grandson!!!!! You look incredible!

Happy Birthday to you and congrats (again) to Michael. I'll look for you both at a SDTC workout.

Michelle said...

Wow, you are such an inspiration. I hope my attitude, fitness level and overall strength is as great as yours when I get there. Happy Birthday to you!

barbie2be said...

madonna!

happy birthday, irene! i always thought you were younger than me. you look terrific! i hope i look have as good as you do when i hit 49. that give me a year and a half to get my act together. ;)

Flo said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I turned 49 in April. Age usually doesn't effect me at all but looking 50 in the eye is a little freaky.

KatieFeldmom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday girlie! Age is just numbers...plus, all that runnin' is keeping you looking like a teenager! Miss you-Dede

Irene said...

AKA Alice,
Yep, he's my GS! He's my joy. :) Thanks for the BD wishes. It will be a while before I'm back running but you can bet it will be with the track club! You might see me on the other side of the hydration table.

Michelle,
You're too kind, but I've definitely had a lot of bumps and bruises along the way. There's so much to be happy for. Thanks for the BD wishes!

Barbie2be,
You're a young thing! I think you look pretty good, yourself! Thanks for the BD wishes, and WINNER!

Flo,
Thanks for the Happy BD wishes!
Looking at 50 does look sort of look freaky, but so did 40, and we're still here! We need to represent! LOL.

Katie,
THANKS!!!!

Dede,
Oh yeah, it is JUST a number. Some days I feel like 10, other days like 100, but most of the time there's no number/age attached to how I feel. Thanks for the Happy BD wish! Miss you too!