Wednesday, July 26, 2006

You Raised Me Up

RANT and checking in...

Due to my lack of cardio, I went walking, but this was purely unintentional walking while shopping. I did several errands this morning and figured that I could find a strapless bra that goes a little lower in the back instead of straight across, perhaps a bustier type. First of all, shopping does not float my boat, and second, bra shopping is something I would rather do on line, just because customer service at most stores is horrible anymore. I also used to work retail, and that cured me of getting a shopping rush. I parked far away from where I wanted to park because they were resurfacing that side of the mall's parking lot, so I had a ways to walk. I first went to Victoria's Secret but the store was closed due to the possibility of black outs, with the temps being too hot... They had the store closed between 12 and 2. I was there at 1:00 pm... Then I hoofed it over Nordstroms. The sales person was actually very nice, and I did find a bra I liked BUT it did not come in my size at all in that style... She did try to find another type but I needed strapless with a low back. I checked out Macy's, Robinson's May, and Fredricks, but nada. Macy's had the least helpful sales people. Robinson's May's sales staff were non-existent. Fredericks staff were okay but because they didn't have what I wanted, they didn't offer an alternative. By this time an hour had passed and VS was open. The "greeter" at the front door directed me to someone who could help me, who turned out to be no help because she was clueless... It can't be THAT hard to find this sort of bra because they make dresses that do go low in the back. I ended up at a completely different mall at a formal dress store. They didn't exactly have what I was looking for but they did help me with an alternative. It's a strapless bra that adheres to your sides. I purchased it and I pray that it works! The dress I need this bra for is a multi colored, asymmetrical hemmed, silk dress with beads for straps. I purchased this dress a long time ago and thought a standard strapless bra would work, but it doesn't. If that sticky bra doesn't work I may end up using duct-tape...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh, and several stores did not have their escalators turned on, due to possible power shortages... So I got some real stair climbing in. My feet are tired but doing okay... Maybe this means I can go running next week?Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

End of rant. Sorry. I just had to get that off my chest, no pun intended.

Nutrition today has been very, VERY clean. Tonight is date night with hubby, and that's usually a free meal, but not always.

One up thing about shopping today, as much as the dressing room mirrors always seem to accentuate my flaws, my back and arms surprised me. They're more toned than I thought they were... That made the shopping trip better...

Peace
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

13 comments:

Miss Rachel said...

I totally know what you mean about shopping "not floating your boat." I don't think I would have been able to do what you did - going to that many stores by yourself. I do enjoy shopping when I go with my mom and sister, but shopping alone makes me crazy, and the few times I've attempted it, the trip always gets cut short because -aagghh - I just hate it.

I hope you are doing all right out there in the heat. It's been hot here in CT, but not as bad as what you're getting. Stay cool. :-)

Anonymous said...

Josh Grobin? Man I'm having absolute hell trying to post a comment on your blog. Great cardio though.

NotSoccer Mom said...

i hate, hate, HATE shopping for bras. and i completely agree with the lack of customer service out there. it's much easier to buy online and often cheaper as well. it's finally getting cooler here in No. CA; hope you're starting to cool a bit too.

leslie said...

What a gorgeous dress! I've seen the glue-on bra you're talking about, and I would think it would work. I got me some after-market girls, so to speak, a few months ago, and now if I just had the attitude for it, I could wear something strappy with no bra. But that's just not me -- sigh!

Irene said...

Rachel,
I also shop better when I'm with my sister but logistics is a problem. I'm in San Diego, CA and she's in Chicago, Il... Right now it's not too hot, but it's warm enough...

Anonymous,
Ding-ding-ding! You win! Shopping cardio, yardwork cardio, I'm saying it counts for something, especially since I can't run right now!

NSM,
Ugh... Is it EVER fun? Just as much fun as swim suit shopping... NOT! When I worked retail, customer service was everything, we would even get graded by secret shoppers. I even won a customer service award from a secrect shopper sweep. There's only a few stores that step up to the plate for customer service, but those stores are usually really expensive and everyone is on commission...

shpprgrl said...

bra shopping...ick!

crazy salespeople...double ick!

what a day you've had!

Irene said...

Leslie,
Your comment didn't show up until just now! Blogger is having issues again... Any way, The dress is out of Victoria's Secret Summer calaloug and it took me months to get it, but I love it. Even if I had "after market girls" (I love how you put that!) I probably couldn't go sans bra, either...

Shpprgrl,

Yes! Ick! Plus the mall I went to is completely outdoors, so it was nice and toasty, too!

Dori said...

Ugh! I'm exhausted just reading about your excursion. Shopping isn't much fun in the heat, and then having to go to so many stores. All that dressing and undressing gets old fast. Way to burn up calories. :-)

zooman said...

Hey Irene the anonymous was me Zooman. Sometimes my laptop gives me hell when I use it at work and that was the second response I had typed.Anyway thought you might want to know that.

Irene said...

Dori,
I love shopping on line! I don't know how my mom did the shopping thing. She would go bargain hunting with her best freind and spend a good chunk of the day doing that. I just can't...

Zooman!
Blogger has been giving me issues, too. I'm having problems posting new pictures so I'm resorting to pictures I've posted before... Thanks for playing "Name that group/artist." :)

FV Tom said...

I had no clue on the song. Good job, Troy!

And as I was reading your rant, I thought to myself, "She's really got a lot to get off her chest!" The same thing you said!

Have a great weekend.

Irene said...

Tom,
LOL!

Melissa said...

Oooooh that dress sounds purrrrty! ;) I hope that bra works, otherwise, try the duct tape! LOL And woman, you have WAY more patience than me, hoofing it to all those different stores! I'd have given up by store #3.