Saturday, July 15, 2006

Octopus's Garden


These are my zinnias from the "new" old house. I forgot to bring my camera with me to the house, AGAIN, so I cut a dozen stems and brought them home with me. Now I need to find a companion flower that also has long stems, that is as easy to grow as zinnias.

As with just about every where else right now, it's toasty. It hit the 100's inland, where I now live, and in the low to mid 90's near the coast, where the "new" old house is. It was too hot to spend more than an hour outside doing yardwork, so we took a lunch break in the shade of the patio. Yard work was my workout today. It wasn't plucking a few weeds with tweezers and my pinky finger extended out... It was using shovels and moving large quantities of dirt. GRRRRRRRRR! Digging I really got into it.... Just me and the dirt. It was a "Zen" moment...

Last night's dinner was, um, okay. It could have been better, but I suppose it could have been worse. The person who planned everything, which included making reservations, dropped the ball. We arrived at the restaurant only to find out that the reservations hadn't been made yet, and when the reservations were made, it was for 2 1/2 hours later... I went back home and returned later.... The food was medicore and my meal was messed up, but I guess it was all about getting everyone together for my FIL's birthday, and that's what's important. I felt bad because my FIL isn't doing well and it's hard for him to be out anywhere more than an hour, and the service was slow. He did get his cake and ice cream, which he LOVES, and we did sing "Happy Birthday."

We're taking it easy tonight. We're going to kick back with a couple of DVD's and a couple of some ice cold somethings...

Peace
Turtle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your new template, and those flowers are gorgeous! Makes me wish I didn't have a brown thumb. I'm glad you had such a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Have to agree with sister smile above, I like the new layout. Have a great day.

Irene said...

Sister Smile,
Thanks. Computer language is still new to me... I love gardening. I've learned what I CAN grow and just stick with it. Orchids are still a challenge...

Cathy,
Thanks! I am having a great day, and I hope yours is as well! :)