Monday, July 17, 2006

Surfin' USA

It's pretty quiet here on the western front today.

Still doing high reps, low weights for leg curls and leg extensions until the foot is completely pain free.

Nutrition is clean.

Yesterday Michael decided to take me boogie boarding at La Jolla Shores. We got there around 5pm and were boogie boarding until the sun set. I really should learn how to surf, though. There's a group out here called "Surf Divas." It's an all female surfing group that gives lessons and has board rentals, plus all the stuff that can make a gal look like a "surf diva." Now, surfing is on my "to do" list.

Peace
Surfer

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Irene! Love the new look of the blog, everyone is changing their templates and I have absolutely no idea how to do it. I'm sure I'd screw it up big. Glad to see all is going well, and hope the foot heals quickly!

Kimberly said...

I would love to surf! But those big waves can be so powerful. Sounds like a fun time.

Rachel said...

You should definitely join the surf divas. How awesome!

Dori said...

If I had the opportunity to surf, I would definitely try it. I regret that I never learned to surf for all the years I lived in SoCal. I might not like it, but who knows?

You've managed seven posts with song titles! I assume the three I've never heard of are songs. When do you move into your new old house?

Irene said...

Melissa,
One thing I've learned is to save EVERYTHING from you current template into a word document, just incase you mess up, you can always put your original blog back. The second time I changed my blog I lost all of my added links... The foot is doing okay. I still "feel" it, so that means I'm not ready to run yet. Thanks for asking. :)

Cherie,
The waves weren't that big when we went boogie boarding on Sunday, so it would have been a good day to learn how to surf. I had a good time boogie boarding. I'm not one to just sit on the sand and watch the world go by...

Rachel,
I'm seriously thinking about it!

Dori,
The song title idea came from FV Tom. There's a gazillion songs out there! The hard part is finding a song title that sort of fits part of the blog content... I don't know why it never occured to me to try surfing, even when I was younger.

Irene said...

Dori,
Oh, I forgot, we're gong to move into the house after the the electrical and kitchen are finished, which should take about another month, if all goes as planned. We were hoping to move in before the 4th of July... Oh well...