Saturday, May 13, 2006

Runnin' Down A Dream

I sorta did my 20 mile run today.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I think we were about a mile and a half shy of the 20, but we were physically done. Oh, in "we" I'm referring to Michael and our friend Sam, who we coerced into signing up for the marathon... I'm sure he was cursing our names for a while after signing up, but now he's hooked and is going to run the San Jose Rock N Roll Half Marathon with me in October. Michael is still undecided about that one. I don't know how long today's run took since Michael lost my watch... I'm having some ankle issues which feels more like muscle strain, so I'm doing RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation.) Sam runs about my speed so it was cool to have someone to pace with. The funny thing is that we both kept telling each other "if you feel like you need to go faster, then go ahead." We never went any faster to get ahead of the other. I'm hoping that Sam and I can finish the marathon together. It felt weird to finish at different times than my brother (who finished an hour and a half ahead of me) and Michael (who finished about 45 minutes after me.) It would be nice to share the moment of crossing the finish line and receiving the medal with someone I know and care about. Even though I didn't have my stop watch, I ran a better pace than normal. I don't know if we'll be able to always run together but it would be cool to schedule something every month.

Okay... I'm still laughing. If you haven't already, take a peek at Katiefeldmom's May 12, 2006 blog entry. Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI'm so not computer savvy to paste the video here. I couldn't get it to work on my site... This video made my day. I needed the laugh!

Michael, the kids and I are going to brunch tomorrow morning for Mother's Day. I enjoy going out to brunch. I know a lot of people who think brunch is a waste of time and money, (*AHEM* Michaels side of the family) -- but Mother's Day is always bittersweet for me, since my mother passed away 20 years ago. I relish in the family I have, and I enjoy going out with them to brunch because it puts them in a festive mood, and it takes them away from other responsibilities in their lives like work and school. I don't really need anything for Mother's Day, well, just one thing... I would like to see my front area of the house CLEAN. The front area is the kitchen, dining area and livingroom -- which are all in one semi-big area. It's not messy, it just needs some cleaning...

I still haven't made the cookies yet. I need to go out and get a bag of Rolos...

PEACE
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: