Saturday, May 03, 2008

Twisted



Activity: Run
Date: 05/03/08 06:51 AM
Distance: 11.60 miles

Time: 2:03:11
Speed: 5.7 mph
Pace: 10' 37 min/mile
Calories: 1091

Today's run was supposed to be a 16 mile out and back. I was feeling a little stiff at the start, but nothing unusual. Once I arrived at the turn around point, at mile 8, I felt good. Nothing really hurt or felt uncomfortable. Around mile 10 the right upper thigh began to cramp something awful. I stretched, but stretching didn't help. I made my way to the next water station and got a ride back to the start with one of the guys who was volunteering at the water station. He's a long time runner and suggested seeing a sports massage therapist. Sounds like a plan to me! I'm hobbling around the house and holding onto walls to get from room to room. Good times.

Yesterday's song:

Maybe Tomorrow - Steriophonics

PEACE

3 comments:

leslie said...

Get that massage, sooner rather than later, my friend! Hope legs are much better tomorrow.

Anne said...

I hope the massage does the trick. Your training's gone so well up to this point, I'd hate to see the injury linger too long.

Irene said...

Leslie,
I'll be calling someone on Monday! I am feeling better. I don't need to hold onto the walls any more!

Anne,
I hope the massage does the trick, too. I have less than a month to heal.