Monday, May 05, 2008

The Nurse

WELL...

I did call into primary care today and spoke with a nurse about my pains. The cool thing is that the nurse they gave me is also running in the marathon. She seemed to to think my issues are muscle strain, but the only way to be sure is to get an x-ray and take it from there. I have an appointment with an urgent care doctor this evening. She affirmed that what I've been doing (rest, ice, compression, elevation, and analgeiscs) was what I should be doing. She also asked if I had plans to do one more long run before the marathon, but I told her that it depends on this injury. There is a 22 miler scheduled for this Saturday, but I'm probably going to volunteer at that instead.

Yesterday's song:
Moving For The Sake Of Motion - Underoath

carrot

PEACE

7 comments:

Michelle said...

oh gosh, i hope it's nothing serious. keeping my fingers crossed for you!

barbie2be said...

white stripes?

that's awesome that you got someone that knows what you are doing and can really truly understand the pains you have.

iJuls said...

I've got my fingers crossed.

Sunshine said...

Reassuring to know you are doing the right stuff to be healing!
Good luck.

FV Tom said...

hope this gets cleared up for you.

Miss Rachel said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. Sending healing thoughts your way...

Irene said...

Michelle,
I'm hoping I'll heal enough in time to participate.

Barbie2be,
Winner!!! It makes a huge difference to talk to someone who knows what you're going through!!!!

Julie,
Thanks! Me too!

Sunshine,
Thanks. I'm doing what I can and taking a wait and see attitude.

Tom,
Me too. Thanks. It's all about PMA!


Rachel,
Thanks so much!!!