Friday, May 30, 2008

Have A Nice Day

There was some relief today. The staples came out! The nurse said that the incision is healing beautifully, and if I take care of myself, there should be minimal scaring. She also said that I looked like I was getting around well for being only two weeks post op. She also reminded me to not limp, and to make every effort to walk as normally as possible, even if it is slow at first. After that appointment, two of my coworkers took me out to lunch. This was the first time in a while I was able to actually style my hair and put on make-up. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but I'm sure I've looked like death warmed over for the past two weeks.

My husband and I are attending the marathon expo tomorrow. He just now called and asked about going to it, but by the time we get there and find parking, it will be over. There's no need to rush since we still have another day.

It looks like we're going to have a nice day for the marathon, with predicted highs in the 60's - and that will be nice for the runners.

Yesterday's song:
Brand New Sidewalk - Nickel Creek

PEACE

6 comments:

simplypink said...

Yay for having the staples out! I'm happy to hear that you're healing so well. :)

Bon Jovi!

simplypink said...

And I totally understand the makeup/hair thing. When you've been put through it like you have....it's nice to feel like you look like you haven't. ;)

KatieFeldmom said...

I never even thought about a scar -- duh on me -- where exactly is it?

Unknown said...

Hey girl...great news on your progress. Sounds like you are healing fast..and I know it's because of the awesome shape you always keep yourself in. Enjoy your weekend.....

IronWaddler said...

Bet it feels so much better with the staples out. You are moving forward

Irene said...

Simply Pink,
It's a relief! Winner!!! Oh, on the make up thing, it just makes a girl feel like a real person again.

Katie,
It's right on the hip, about 8 inches long. When it's not so weird looking I'll take a picture of it. I think I would have freaked out a few people if I took a pic of it with the staples in it.

Dede,
Thanks. I guess lifestyle choices does dictate how people recoup from injury or illness.

Waddler26.2,
It feels tons better! It sort of pinched before.