Sunday, May 04, 2008

Moving For The Sake Of Motion

After a couple of vicodin and a lot of sleep, I'm feeling better. I'm still sore but I don't need to walk with the help of walls and chairs. I feel exactly how I felt the day after I ran my very first marathon, which was stiff and every bodily movement was with great effort. The trick is to keep moving, because the minute I sit or lay down, the thigh/hip muscles get tight again. I've been icing my hips when I can, and that's helping. The mentally hard part is that I WAS listening to my body and how I felt when I was running on Saturday morning. I actually felt good until the muscles in the right thigh/hip cramped up, and it came on fast. I was paying attention to my electrolytes and water. As they say, hind sight is 20/20, and I probably should not have run at all on Saturday. I was tight, but not in pain. I thought the tightness would go away once I had warmed up. I digress. I'm one of those stubborn runners who's not going down without a fight.

Yesterday's song:
Twisted - Carrie Underwood

walk

PEACE

7 comments:

havlow said...

Yeah I hear you on that! I have had to listen to my knee and back a LOT lately in terms of running and walking. I'll say to myself "come on it's another few yards" and then my back and knee start getting uppity and then, I eventually give in and realize that I should listen.

Sorry you're in so much pain though. Thankfully you're still not holding onto the chairs that much any more. I soooooo know that feeling!

Anonymous said...

Ow! I hope you get that massage soon.

Anne said...

Vicodin?! That's some serious pain you must be in. Hugging walls and downing pills is not a sign this is any ol' injury. Are you sure it's muscle and not bone? My hip fracture initially had the same symptoms as a groin pull. I'd hate for you to end up like me.

Michelle said...

Ohhh, I love vicoden. But not the pain that leads you to take it. I'm sorry you're hurting. I hope now that you're resting you heal quickly. Are you going to see a sports therapist? Take care, k?

KatieFeldmom said...

I hope you're feeling better now.

NotSoccer Mom said...

hope you're taking care of yourself and feeling better soon!

Irene said...

Jeremy,
Luckily, we didn't have too much going on this weekend, so I rested.

Rhoni,
I see the Dr. tonight, then I'll see how it goes. A massage sounds like a good thing, still.

Anne,
Michael dug those out! It did help me rest though... I was pretty sore.

Michelle,
Once I see the Dr. tonight, then I'll see if I can get in with a sports massage person or sports medicine. I don't know if my insurance will cover sports medicine, though.

Katie,
I feel a whole lot better than I did on Saturday!!!

NSM,
I hope it heals quickly! Thanks