Saturday, January 05, 2008

The Sky Is Crying

Activity: Run
Date: 01/05/08 08:00 AM
Distance: 3.30 miles
Time: 0:28:00
Speed: 7.1 mph
Pace: 8' 28 min/mile
Calories: 304

We met up with the SDTC nice and early this morning. There were about 600 of us. They went over who all the people to know were, what to expect, and what groups we're in. They have the A, B, and C groups. I put myself in the C group. This consisted of people who run a 9 minute mile or slower. I suppose I could have been in the B group, but my husband asked me to be with him in the C group. I guess it's better to run in the front of the C group instead of bringing up the rear in the B group. They said we can move up or down in what ever group we're in, so it's not like I'm stuck there if I feel like it's too slow. It also rained and never let up once. Our group was supposed to do a 30 minute run around the track, but we ended up doing an out and back run, which I did in 28 minutes, DH did it in 36 minutes. We were all pretty soaked when we were done. I'm so glad I decided NOT to wear my long sleeved cotton t-shirt. Wicking material is great for rain. Oh,and since this is training for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon, each group has a name of a rock band. I can't remember what A group is called, but B group is Rush and C group is Cake. They came up with and voted on these names last season. I like cake and I like Cake.




Yesterday's song:
A Day Without Rain - Enya

Peace

2 comments:

smartypantz32 said...

SRV - Stevie Ray Vaughan and his band Double Trouble!

Irene said...

Smartypantz32,
Winner! Still love SRV!