Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'll Always Be Right There

Activity: Run
Date: 01/26/08 07:18 AM
Distance: 8.09 miles
Time: 1:16:38
Speed: 6.3 mph
Pace: 9' 28 min/mile
Calories: 767




Today's SDTC run started at our ususal spot, at Hospitality Point, but we took a different route. We ran through Ocean Beach and Dog Beach to Sunset Cliffs (known as the Wahidohi Run ~ or Water, hippies, dogs and hills Run.) I loved this run because we ran right at the cliffs with the Pacific Ocean just right there. It was gorgeous. I wish I had a hat-cam or some sort of easy access camera, because it's one of those things that makes a person feel grateful for being alive and being able to enjoy the experience. It also makes me feel very grateful to reside here.

I also ran with the B group today. I was pretty much in the middle of the pack, but with a water stop after mile 4, and the onset of asthma right before mile 7, I slowed. I'm glad I ran with the B group, though. There was one guy I was able to pace with for the longest time, and he was running a comfortable pace in a sub 9 minute mile pace. Once the asthma kicked in I slowed down to a 10 minute mile pace for a short while, and that did throw off my overall time. It's OK, though. I think this was my fastest 8 mile run, ever.

Next weekend is the Super Run 10K. I'm looking forward to that! It's my first event for this year.

Other Stuff...
My nephew, Kyle, is producing his second play in Chicago this weekend: Expectations. My sister called this morning just gushing. She's so proud! I thought I'd pass along the gushing ~ he is my nephew and Godson, afterall... I obviously can't be there but I'm sure he did a wonderful job. He's also acting in the play as well.

Yesterday's song:
Strange Fruit - Billie Holiday - Barbie2be

Peace

5 comments:

Pat said...

I could use an ocean run about now. Glad you enjoyed yours.

leslie said...

Nice pace, Irene! So happy the group is working out so well -- it's good to be pushed from time to time, huh?

Have a great weekend!

Backofpack said...

I love the way that route looks on the map. And right by the ocean, wow! I wish you had a hat-cam too.

Anne said...

That's one of my favorite runs too! You'll revisit that hill at the end of the program and be amazed how much easier it is to climb. Glad you're enjoying the program.

Irene said...

Pat,
You are more than welcome to borrow this one, any time!

Leslie,
Thanks! I'll be better prepared with my hydration belt for next time, that way I won't have to stop.

Michelle,
Perhaps I'll go back and take photos when I can walk the route. A map just does not show the experience. :) It was a great way to start the morning.

Anne,
What hills?