Monday, January 07, 2008

Who Let The Dogs Out?

Activity: Run
Date: 01/07/08 12:27 PM
Distance: 5.23 miles
Time: 0:50:47
Speed: 6.2 mph
Pace: 9' 42 min/mile
Calories: 494


Today, per the SDTC training schedule, I did a 50 minute run. I opted for the B training schedule today. I'm still waffling between the C and B group schedules because I'm right between the two, but eventually I'll have to settle with one... Or maybe not. I also ran with my heart rate monitor. The one I have is basic. It shows heart rate, time and has a stop watch, but that's it. It would have been interesting to compare calories burned (if it had that feature) with my wireless run tracker. I just need to figure out my numbers and what is normal for me. I was comfortable running when the numbers were around 170, but according to the charts that's supposed to be 100% for my age, and it's not supposed to feel easy. It didn't feel like 100%, and the run was not hard. If any of you reading this have any insight to heart rate monitors and numbers, feel free to comment. I feel like I'm in better cardio-vascular shape than a lot of women my age, so maybe my numbers won't even compare to the charts. See, this just goes to show you that there's always something to learn.

Yesterday my BIL came over to watch the San Diego Chargers/Tennessee Titans game with us. He brought his chow mix dog, Princess. My dog, Logan, wants to be the alpha dog and can be very confrontational. She does not play well with other dogs, but she did amazingly well playing with Princess. This was the first time the dogs had any interaction. It was fun to watch the dogs play, as they chased each other around the yard, played tag, and followed each other around. There was only one scuffle, and that's when food was involved.




By the way, The Chargers beat the Titans, and they're scheduled to play the Colts this coming Sunday. It has been about 13 years since the Chargers advanced in the play-offs round.

Yesterday's song:
Year of the Cat - Al Stewart - Step Away From The Cake

Peace

2 comments:

barbie2be said...

baha men. for some reason i love that song. but then... i liked the macarena song too.

Irene said...

Barbie,
Winner!