Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sugar, Sugar

Activity: Run
Date: 04/17/07 09:38 AM
Distance: 2.21 miles
Time: 0:21:49
Speed: 6.08 mph
Pace: 9' 52 min/mile
Calories: 210
I ran a slightly different route today. I took on a hill but not "THE HILL."


Yesterday I had some pretty intense sugar and fat cravings. I was craving things I haven't had in a long time, such as mac n'cheese, white butter cream frosting, hot dogs, Hostess Twinkies, etc... I didn't have any of those things but I would have been in trouble if I were near a grocery store... I think part of the need to feed on junk was residual of my 18 mile run on Saturday. I need to continue carb-loading after such a big run, plus load up on lean proteins. I did pay attention to my nutrition the day of and after the run, but the cravings for junk was amazing. This might sound not very appetizing, but I took care of the cravings with tomato soup with a scoop of unflavored soy protein powder for lunch. dinner was better with chicken with rice and red beans. Hot herbal tea filled in the gaps of feeling like I wanted to eat junk. Today is much better. The cravings are gone.

I had a hard time putting into words what I was feeling about the tragedy at Virginia Tech yesterday, so I didn't post about it. My heart sank into my stomach when I heard the news. I just coudn't believe this was happening again. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the friends and family closely tied to this horrible event.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 comments:

barbie2be said...

the archies?

i have been craving sugar too but i think it's because it was "that time of the month"...

i have awarded you the "thinking blogger award" over here... at my blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really got those cravings under control. I'm gonna need to take notes.

The tradegy of what happened breaks my heart too. I can't even begin to talk about it.

FV Tom said...

Dang, I knew it was The Archies.

Hope all is well.

BTW, I posted today.

Pamela said...

YOU are the WOMAN ... geees can I be like you when I grow up ? kickin those sugar cravings to the curb ! whoo hoo!

Anne said...

I'm impressed with the substitutions. My taste buds would have immediately rejected tomato soup and began demanding that Twinkie.

Irene said...

Barbie2be,
You're on a roll! Winner! I wasn't sure if anyone would remember that song! Thanks for the Thinking Blogger Award. :) You're too kind.

Evelyne,
For some bizarre reason, it wasn't chocolate. I'm glad it lasted just that one day.
It makes me sad that the tragedy at VT even happened.

Tom! Woohoo! Nice post at your blog, by the way! You never dissapoint.

Pamela,
It was only one day! I got past it. Like I told Evelyne, I'm just glad I didn't crave chocloate. Chocolate is a whole craving unto itself... That's one I can't handle well...

Anne,
Twinkes? Tomato soup... Twinkes? Tomato soup... Yeah, I know there's no true choice. If I had a Twinkie here you know it would have been history. LOL...