Monday, April 16, 2007

Please Come To Boston

Rodney Yee's Yoga DVD today. About 1 hour.

I had a good recoup on Sunday. No aches or pains, which is a major thing for me. My son wasn't feeling well so we ended up a the doctors. He went to a concert on Friday and was in the"pit." He was tossled around a little while, uh, dancing(?) with the others... He was complaing about chest pains. They did an EKG, x-rays and blood tests, just to be on the safe side, but everything came back top-notch. He's fine but the doctor Rx'ed some higher strength motrin. We also did taxes... Yep. A fun filled Sunday, indeed.

The very wet and rainy Boston Marathon was today. Kenyan Robert Cheruiyot won with an unoffical time of 2:13:14. Amazing. The women's winner was Russia's Lidiya Grigoryeva in 2:29:18. Equally amazing.





It is highly unlikely, however not totally impossible, that I would ever run in the Boston Marathon. I need a Q time of about 4 hours for my gender and age group. I'm currently working on a 5 hour or less marathon. As of right now, the only way I would make it to the Boston Marathon is if I go as a happy spectator.

On a side note...
I am super craving all of the wrong foods right now. Mac n' cheese sounds really good right now, but I can't have dairy. White butter cream frosting, Hostess Twinkies, and hot dogs also sound equally delicious... I don't even really like hot dogs all that much, they just sound really good right now. Perhaps this "need to feed" on junk is left-over from my run on Saturday? It sure isn't PMS. I know I need to semi carb load after a big run like that, and make sure I get enough protein, but, sheesh! I'm wanting all the bad stuff!

Peace

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your sons tests came back with good results. I went to a concert and was close to the mosh pit and someone landed on my head. My neck was sore for days. I've also heard of a girl who died of that same thing happening to her. Scary.

I wish I knew why our bodies crave certain foods. I really have to learn to be stronger and be able to say NO.

KatieFeldmom said...

How scary for your son.

Those marathoners are amazing!!!!! I know we will see you there one day.

I know Kenny Chesney did a remake of Please Come to Boston. Probably not the answer you were looking for.

barbie2be said...

dave loggins.

glad your son wasn't hurt seriously.

what is it about those kenyans that make the so fast? seems like they are always winning the big marathons.

Irene said...

Evelyne,
My son is a tall and thin 19 year old, very little body fat, so if he gets bumped around,there isn't much padding to "soften" the blow. I've been to concerts where it was so crowded that it was practially suffocating. I'm glad he's okay. The cravings were intense but I didn't give into them. I didn't have those foods around.

Katie,
The woman leader's marathon time is about what I would run a half marathon in. It boggles my mind!
There's a bunch of people who did the song. Winner with Kenny Chesney!

Barbie2be,
Dave Loggins, too! Winner! I don't know what makes the Kenyans so fast. I've seen them run at the San Jose Half Marathon. They run so efficently, as if they were gliding. Poetry in motion... It seems that there's a group of them that keep winning.