Sunday, April 29, 2007

Psychologically Overcast

Activity: Run
Distance: 5.11 miles
Time: 0:52:01
Speed: 5.90 mph
Pace: 10' 10 min/mile
Calories: 482


It wasn't the planned 20 mile run, but I felt like I needed to get out and do something, but cautiously. I ran down at the bay, the usual path. At first, I was just going to run a 2 miler in my neighborhood, but hubbie said he'd go with me, and the bay seemed more appealing knowing he'd be behind me with the Tylenol or a quick car ride home if my sinuses started acting up. We just did an out and back run on the concrete walk/path. Since it was overcast and a wee bit blustery, there weren't too many people out, so there weren't too many obstacles. I had a runny nose while running. The sinuses don't hurt but the pressure is still there. The right knee was a little twingy and I'm hoping that will work itself out. No more sore calves from last weeks 5k.

I'm hoping I'll be able to get in my 20 mile run in either by Tuesday or Wednesday.

There has been a bizarre string of arson fires in San Diego recently. For some unknown reason, someone is torching some of the palm trees in the beach and bay communities. When we arrived at the bay for our run, this is what we saw right across the street from the bay:


I hope they find the arsonist soon.

Peace

5 comments:

barbie2be said...

fishbone?

who does that? who burns trees by the side of the road? that is just wrong. i really love palm trees and i get so mad when i see people that have them in their yards and don't take care of them. yesterday i was out with my roommate and we passed a house that had one that was about 25 feet tall and the poor thing looked like it had never been groomed. :(

Anne said...

I saw that about the palm arsons on the TV and couldn't believe it. What the heck is wrong with people?

These song titles are getting harder. I'm truly stumped.

Irene said...

Barbie2be,
Amazing... Winner. I think I'll pick something that will stump the masses and you get it! People do weird things all the time, but, come on! Burning palm trees?

Shopper,
No kidding. What's the point?

Anne,
When I first saw it on the news I didn't realize it was right there at the bay, right across the street from that big playground at the bay. It's sick.

Pamela said...

Oh geees that is bizzare! i just don't Get some people...just don't get them at All..

Irene said...

Pamela,
I don't get it, either. Some people are just messed up.