Monday, April 09, 2007

Bust A Move

Run in the neighborhood. I felt sluggish from the busy party weekend...
Distance: 2.30 miles
Time: 24:10
Speed: 5.71 mph
Pace: 10' 30 min/mile
Calories: 218


I had plans to have an entire "FREE" weekend because it was my hubbie's birthday on Saturday, and Easter brunch at the inlaws on Sunday, plus friends at my house after that... Hubbie and I popped open a bottle of champagne with cake for his birthday. On Sunday I did okay at the inlaws house, as just about everything my SIL made was dripping with cheese - and I'm trying to stay away from cheese due to the allergic reaction I get from it. It was at MY house where I threw caution to the wind... Our friends brought over a very nice bottle of Asti to celebrate hubbies birthday, and after that there was some discussion about dark beer being high in antioxidants. My husband said "See, it says so on the bottle of Dos Equis." Then he poured some into my champagne flute... Then throw in a slice of chocolate cake with cherry filling and I was done...

As for running and working out, that didn't happen either. Per my schedule, I should of had a LONG run, about 18 miles, but I knew my nutrition was going to be way off, and had drink or two (or three) in the mix. It's so hard to run any distance after an evening of alcohol.

From now until the marathon EVERYTHING goes into high gear:
*No alcohol
*No dairy what-so-ever, not even a bite of pizza... The itchy break-outs and asthma aren't fun...
*More lean proteins
*Adhere to my training schedule, except for illness/injury

April marks my 7 year anniversary of a healtier lifestyle. I found the picture of the former fat me standing next to my fit brother. I'll post the picture tomorrow.

Peace



7 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your husband. Sounds like you had a good weekend!!!!!!!!

Young MC?

barbie2be said...

yep, young MC.

i managed to have that kind of sunday. i motivated myself from the bed over to the love seat in the other room, and then to the kitchen, and then back to the love seat, and then back to the kitchen, and then back to the love seat...

at least my kitty cuddles with me most of the day. when he wasn't pissed off at me for waking him so i could get up and go to the kitchen yet again... ;)

barbie2be said...

hey... look at katiefeldmom's pic and mine. we look almost the same. ;)

KatieFeldmom said...

LOL, Barbie. "WE" do look alike!!

Dori said...

Happy Anniversary. Seven years is a long time to maintain a healthy lifestyle. You're doing great!

Pamela said...

Sounds liek quite the W/E! Happy belated to Hubby!

Irene said...

Katie,
Thanks! We had a nice weekend! Winner!

Barbie2be,
Sounds good to me. Sometimes a girls just gotta have a kick back weekend!

Barbie2be & Katie,
LOL...

Dori,
I'm in it for the long haul!

Pamela,
It was busy but nice. Thanks!