Sunday, July 06, 2008

Fast Cars And Freedom

The pit crew


The cars
(This photo is by Evan)


Lining up at the start


On your mark... get set...


GO!
Woohoo!
There was drama, intrigue, suspense and a crash! We have a winner! The little black sedan, which is barely pictured at the center bottom of the picture, was so speedy, the others didn't have a chance. Who says you have to go to Indy to see the races? It was a great way to end the 4th of July weekend.

In food news, our next door neighbor brought over a huge plastic grocery bag full of red plums from their backyard tree. I made a small batch of plum-lime jam. I'll post that process, recipe and pictures tomorrow.

Yesterday's song:
Swim - Madonna

PEACE

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Beautiful pics! How adorable. Mmmm that jam sounds wonderful!

KatieFeldmom said...

Rascal Flatts!!! I think that's a great way to spend the weekend!!!

Dang it .... I needed that recipe two weeks ago when someone gave me a bundle of plums.

Irene said...

Evelyne,
I didn't want the kid watching cartoons all day, so I got him outside to play with his cars and even showed him how to use my camera.

Katie,
WINNER!!!
As you very well know, the older they get, the more creative we have to be with activites! We had a great time and did the races over and over! :)

MJ said...

What a cutie!

Michelle said...

Evan gets cuter with every picture!

iJuls said...

What a cutie!

This post reminded me of a post that I wrote in my blogging infancy. http://www.breakingthetape.com/keeping-pace/2005/12/resolutions_1.html

Irene said...

Megan,
I sure think so, too!

Michelle,
I hope he stays cute. :)

Julie,
Thanks for sharing your blog post. Wow, He sure has grown up since then!