Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Crumbs From Your Table

I don't normally watch a lot of daytime TV, but this morning I had the Today Show on, mostly because I missed the news last night, and I had a few mindless chores to take care of. I don't normally watch the Today Show, but it runs later than the other network news shows and I can catch the local news. I happened to catch a segment that featured Sam the Cooking Guy. Surprise, surprise... I used to catch Sam's cooking show on local public access TV, since he lives in San Diego. He makes interesting dishes using some foods we normally have on hand, such as seared ahi tuna made with Cap'n Crunch cereal. I haven't tried it YET but I'm highly intrigued. I also like his Margarita recipe - Check out THIS video. I haven't tried that one yet, either, but it's right up my alley, or at least my backyard -- and if I'm in my backyard I don't need a designated driver... He offers one time cooking classes held at a near by restaurant, and I'm so tempted to sign up for one. I almost forgot to add (which is sort of the point of this blogpost), on the Today Show segment he had a use for old bread. Throw it in the food processor and make bread crumbs to use in other recipes/dishes. I'll have to do that with at least a couple of packages of those hamburger and hot dog rolls I have in the freezer. (Wow, it took me a while to get to that bread tip, which sort of solves part of my leftovers dilemma.)

Yesterdays Song:
Superhero - Jane's Addiction

PEACE

6 comments:

zooman said...

Hi Irene thanks for the visit. It's just that the satellite is so slow it gets harder and harder to want to post anything on my blog, especially during the summer. But I'll start picking up the pace soon, Hugs,
Troy

KatieFeldmom said...

"seared ahi tuna made with Cap'n Crunch cereal" -- WOW, that sounds interesting!!!

Michelle said...

Yes, I always have ahi and CC on hand :)

Irene said...

Troy!
Thanks for visiting. I'm glad you're OK!

Katie,
It sounded different. I never would have thought to put CC with tuna.

Michelle,
OK, so perhaps I worded that incorrectly or used the wrong example, but he has a lot of interesting recipes that require ingredients that are easily found and not all that hard to make/assemble. BTW, we never have CC cereal in our house long enough for me to try to do anything with it... LOL. A large box might last 24 hours. ;)

barbie2be said...

U2!!!!

oh yeah... i hadn't thought of making bread crumbs with all those buns. that is a great idea too.

i have also used rice krispies as a breading for chicken when making chicken parm. but i am sure that would work with fish too.

Irene said...

Barbie2be,
Winner!!! My freezer is stuffed with buns. I haven't popped a package in the food processor yet, but it WILL happen. I've used Rice Krispies for chicken before. Yummy!