Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Update...


The past several days have been great! My sister came out for a vacay. She decided to get a hotel room at the beach and managed a really good deal at a place in Coronado... Needless to say, I spent most of my time with my sister at the beach. Duh!

Ohhhhh! The really cool thing is that my sister has started running. She's starting out with a walk run pattern until she's built up to just running. I told her about "Couch to 5K" that many people have used to get running. I think she's going to give that a whirl. We went running on the beach yesterday, ran past a several Navy Seals on their morning run and did about 2.5 miles. Once she gets to running at least 4 miles with out stopping, she wants to come back and run a 5K with me, and perhaps my brother, if he wants to make the trip down... My sister has even lost about 15 pounds since she started running. She needs to lose weight, per her doctor's orders... She probably needs to shed about 25 more pounds. I'm glad she's on the right track.

Nutrition and working out have been so-so... I really haven't paid close attention, though, but I guess I'm maintained...

John from Muscletank is here in SD! We might meet up today.

PEACE

4 comments:

FV Tom said...

just don't tell me that you sister stayed at the Hotel Del! Please don't tell me that.

I love that place. Never stayed but have gone down for lunch, etc.

Glad you're having a good time.

Rachel said...

glad you had a great visit with your sis. =)

Irene said...

Tom,
Okay, I won't tell you she stayed at the Del... They were booked solid. She stayed at a place across the street -- El Cordova, right next to the Brigantine... It was really cute! BTW, we had massages at the the Del spa. :

Rachel,
We had a wonderful RELAXING time. :)

~Irene

Irene said...

Angie,
We had a great time... Your trip is right around the bend!!!! How fun!

~Irene