1. What or who keeps you motivated to keep going?
2. How do you schedule your workouts?
3. What or who is your primary means of support?
4. How do you feel when you skip a workout session?
5. Do you maintain your diet/nutrition even when you can't workout?
These were my answers:
1. My before pictures keep me motivated... Ugh... I don't want to go back there... I also set new goal every so often, like for running in events, or even lifting a little heavier.
2. Scheduling workouts depends on, well, my schedule. If I'm working,I usually make the effort to wake up at the crack of dark to work out. If I'm not working I workout about an hour after I eat breakfast.
3. Support... That's tough. Everyone thought I was nuts when I signed up at the gym and started working out. I was very much alone on that. I had do dig down deep to want to do this workout thing and keep it going. I had to find on line support groups to help stay focused, but it would have been nice to have a workout partner or someone on my inner circle of friends and family to cheer me on. (Edit -- I'm slowly finding that people want to join me on run events!)
4. When I skip a workout I don't beat myself up over it. I just go on to the next day and do that day's workout. I never make up missed workouts. I must say that I do feel physically and mentally better when I don't skip workouts. Workout time is my time...
5. I try to maintain my nutrition when I don't workout, but that isn't always the case. I must say that I'm better at maintaining nutrition now than in years past.
Any one else?