Tuesday, June 27, 2006

"The Marathon Generation"

Did anyone happen to check out the article in the June 26, 2006 TIME magazine titled "The Marathon Generation?" It states that "43% of marathon runners in the U.S. are 40 or older." The article goes on to say how much healthier the baby boomers are than in past years... Interesting article. Now, for all you young-un's out there, you now have something to look forward to.

Same old stuff... The painters are at the "new" old house today scraping the lovely acoustic popcorn off the ceilings so that the electrician can install new lighting... Oh, I do have gardening news... I have yellow squash and it's fabulous! I had some with my eggs this morning...

Reality Check:
Scale
I haven't really weighed myself in about a week. I'm semi-reluctant to because my eating has been less than stellar. I haven't mapped out a workout plan yet but we've been so busy with the house....

Things that went right:
*I went to the gym today and ran for 45 minutes on the treadmill, which was about 4.1 miles.
*We purchased a new washer and dryer... They work. Now if I could only get other people to get excited about using those, it would be perfect.
*Yellow squash is ready!

Things that need improvement:
*Make a new workout plan and stick to it.
*Find a window contractor who will actually return my calls...

PEACE
Kitty 1

5 comments:

FV Tom said...

Congrats on the yellow squash!

Last year I had a garden with a lot of zuchini and peppers. I should do that again next year.

Donna said...

I had to stop by and say hello. Oh, I just love fresh veggies from the garden. There's a farm right up the street from where I work and I stop by at least 3 times a week. I can't wait until their open, soon, I'm sure.

Irene said...

Tom,
The yellow squash was awesome!!! I steamed it with a little rosemary...

Donna,
I haven't had a real veggie garden in quite a long time, mostly due to space, plus my husband likes grapes and that always took over whatever garden area we did have. There's nothing like fresh garden produce!

~Irene

shpprgrl said...

Yes, having other others excited about using the new washer/dryer would be good. Laundry=Blaahhh!

Irene said...

Shpprgrl,
Agreed!