Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Gardening Stuff


Things are looking a little more green and taken care of, instead of weed-laden and unruly. I didn't have my camera yesterday, but the above flower bed is in bloom with assorted colors of zinnias along the left side of the picture. When I started out, this flower bed had weeds gallore. Also, growing in that particular flower bed, are California poppies and dianthus.



This photo, taken last week, was the first bloom of the zinnias I started from seeds...


I'm not sure, but this is a shot of either the yellow squash or cucumbers, also started from seeds.

It kind of sounds odd that I'm saying "started as seeds" because most plants start out that way, but I didn't buy the plants already started. I bought seed packets...

Gardening

Peace

4 comments:

chantal2bfit said...

Nice plants! Congrats on the race!

Irene said...

Chantal,
The next thing is to figure out how to utilize all that squash when the time comes...

Thanks! I had a good time!

~Irene

Anonymous said...

Lovely!! Wish I could have a proper garden, but that's tough to do in Manhattan. Enjoy your fresh vegetables when they're ready.

Irene said...

Sister Smile - Thanks! I would imagine gardening to be a challenge in Manhattan. ;)