Date: 01/13/09 06:22 PM
Distance: 2.07 miles
Speed: 6.4 mph
Pace: 9' 24 min/mile
I was waffling between attending tonight's track club workout and not. My back has been bothering me since Thursday. I decided to go and take it relatively easy. Tonight's track workout was fitness circuits - 8 X 400m with calisthenics. I skipped the sit ups and did my wimpy version of push-ups, pushing off against the fence around the track, and did jumping jacks. Apparently, I ran a little faster than I thought I did, based on my above stats from my BiM GPS thingy on my cell phone, but it was only a couple of miles. Yay me. I also ran into AKA Alice. (You know, not really ran into, but we saw each other there.) She looked great.
Here's some pictures from my dad's 80th birthday celebration:
Happy Birthday Dad!
Erik keeping us entertained.
Niece Theresa, sister-in-law Ellen, Niece Anne.
Ellen chatting with me after my walk on Saturday mornning.
Erik, Renee, Evan and Donna.
Me, my brother Karl, my sister Donna -Mission Bay in the background.
Here's a few things I've learned over this past weekend:
- Anne and Theresa visited Europe last summer.
- Pot is legal in Amsterdam.
- Erik knows how to play a ton of cool songs on the guitar.
- None of us knew all of the lyrics to one single song.
- "Boats 'n' hoes." (10 points if you know what that's from!)
- I'm still allergic to dairy. (I keep trying not to be.)
- It takes my dad twice as long to do anything.
- We need to leave the plan making to the ladies in the family. (My sister-in-law confirmed this.)
- It's kind of creepy how we all we all look alike when we get together.
- Ducks just know when you have food available, even if you don't go out of your way to tell them the chow is on. (This family of ducks, pictured below, made the rounds every morning, to each suite.)
Sister - Dave Matthews - Katiefeldmom