Date: 01/17/09 08:13 AM
Distance: 4.80 miles
Speed: 5.7 mph
Pace: 10' 33 min/mile
Saturday's run was a 50 minute out and back run with the track club C group (9:30 m/m and slower.) It took a while to warm up, but after the second mile I felt really good. I should hover at a slower pace, but everything felt great. No sore anything and I didn't feel gimpy.
Anne has bestowed upon me the Fabulous Blogger Award!
Here's the scoop:
First, list 5 things you're addicted to, then bestow the honor on five of your favorite bloggers.
Right now I'm addicted to:
1. Cook books. My son gave me the Top Chef Cookbook for Christmas. I saw a cookbook on QVC today that I really want to get, but I promised to cut back all unnecessary spending. The book focused on healthy cooking with the good carbs. All the traditionally "flour" based recipes actually used nuts finely ground in the food processor and a lot of vegetables. Costco has a few cookbooks from some of my favorite Food Network TV celebrities, but I PROMISED NOT TO DO ANY UNNECESSARY SPENDING...
2. Coffee made with the shiny red French press my boss gave me for Christmas.
3. The weather we had today... Sunny, calm breezes, mid to high 70s. It's every reason why I've never moved out of state.
4. My homemade fudge. It's my grandma's recipe that came from an early 1950's church fundraiser cookbook. The recipe actually says to use a kettle. Someone found my secret stash of fudge from this year's batch, so it's completely gone until I make more for Christmas 2009. *sigh*
5. Lotion. I'm not really addicted to lotion, I just feel as if I use more than the average person does, mostly because I have dry skin due to allergies. I'm also a sucker for some of those scented body lotions from Bath and Body Works.
I need to bestow the Fabulous Blogger award to 5 of my favorite bloggers. This is going to be tough because all of the bloggers I follow are fabulous, and many of them had the Fabulous Blogger Award already. Hmmm....
I'm sure these bloggers know how fabulous they are. I just wanted to remind them:
Candle In The Wind - Elton John - 2nd Chances