Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I Know

Activity: Run
Date: 01/06/09 06:38 PM
Distance: 2.93 miles
Time: 0:31:26
Speed: 5.6 mph
Pace: 10' 43 min/mile
Calories: 283


Photobucket

Last night was the workout with the track club. We ran just about 8 laps, jogged on the turns, ran on the straight-away. (The above stats include the warm up run.) I met several new people who I was running next to in the warm up, then reunited with more people I knew from last year who weren't at the first meeting on Saturday. As for the workout, I have a lot to work on with posture and NOT LIMPING WHILE RUNNING. That's going to be tough because I can't see myself run to make the correction. One lady asked me if I was hurting. It doesn't hurt at all, it's just a little stiff. It wouldn't be stiff if I could have a massage just prior to running - just like in physical therapy, but that's never going to happen. I know it's going to take time for everything to be/appear "normal" again. Just so everyone knows, I am not going into this marathon training/running thing with reckless abandon. My doctors all know. I'll also be visiting the chiropractor in about a week.

Yesterday's song:
Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers - 2nd Chances
PEACE

2 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

I'm so glad you are doing the track club! There will be lots of people there that can help you with your posture and just give you support!! Great job!

Irene said...

Penny,
Me too. It feels really good to be there, again. Thanks for your support!