Wednesday, November 05, 2008

All Good Gifts

carrot

Yesterday was pretty incredible. What a turn out of voters!

Activity: Walk
Date: 11/05/08 11:43 AM
Distance: 1.65 miles
Time: 0:31:47
Speed: 3.1 mph
Pace: 19' 21 min/mile
Calories: 155

Today I mustered a 1.6 mile walk. I wasn't feeling all that great, so I cut my walk short. I never used to be like that, but I guess I lost the endurance for pushing through. I have to build back some sort of endurance or tolerance for my monthly gift from mother nature... *sigh* What the heck happened to me?

On the upswing, the track club had another shoe testing event today. I stood in line for a very limited supply of test shoes, unlike last time, where there were shoes left over. I did managed to come away with a pair of Pumas - Complete Concinnity III. I am not as excited about this pair of shoes as the last pair, which were Adidas Adistar Rides, but we'll see how I do once I get out there and attempt to put in some mileage on them. Time will tell. The Men's shoe selections and sizes were rather sparse. They ran out of Men's shoes almost right away. I was also hoping to see some of my track club friends, but I didn't see anyone this time, however, I did have some nice conversations with the women in front of me.

Yesterday's song:
Freedom Of Choice - Devo

PEACE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The older I get the worse this PMS stuff gets. I'm SO struggling right now. I hope it gets better for you!

Let us know what you think of those sneaks!

HUGS!

barbie2be said...

oh, irene... i know of what you speak. i am currently suffering through my third gift from mother nature in six weeks. it sucks. between that and the depression, it's a wonder i can get out of bed every day.

hang in there!

Anne said...

The shoe grabs getting harder in the fall and winter because everyone's back in town and apparently in need of new test shoes. Glad you nabbed something...I have a common shoe size and gave up after always going home emptyhanded.

Irene said...

Evelyne,
I'm throwing myself my own little party when menopause hits!

Barbie2be,
This time it took me by surprise. I can usually push thorough it OK.

Anne,
They didn't have as many shoes this time, and Paul explained that it's because most running shoe manufacturers put out their new line of shoes in the Spring and Summer months. I has relatively small feet so I've lucked out. Many did go home empty handed.