Saturday, September 30, 2006

Words

Marathon Training and PDB Challenge day 8

No run today. Hubbie had to run out to the "new" old house and I ended up as back up daycare for DGS... I sort of expected this to happen, and I tried to get every body here on board with letting dear ol' Mom get in a run this morning, but someone dropped the ball and here I am... At home...

Other Stuff

Last night's party was fun. I had my one drink, ate really clean, and did well UNTIL they served dessert. They had these little gourment cakes that were oh-so-yummy, and the dark chocolate ones were like a little bit of heaven. I could have been completely happy with just desserts last night. I ended up not wearing the jeans like I had planned, but black pants, a silk coral sleeveless top, and black strappy sandals. Hubbie came home from work and filled me in on what some of the ladies would be wearing, so I panicked and changed out of the jeans. Turns out that many of the women wore what I had originally planned to wear. Some women were dressed to the nines, so it probably didn't really matter what I wore. There was live music, dancing and open bar. A good time was had by all, and I'm sure many of them aren't feeling too swift today...

On another online workout board I belong to, several people have decided to delete their blogs because of the potential of having their pictures and words miss-used... Unfortunately, this has happened to a few wonderful people. It's a shame, really. I've met many wonderful people in blogger-land. It is my choice to NOT delete my blog. Perhaps I'll choose my words and photos more carefully, but my blog isn't controversial or earth shattering. I post things about my running, family, working out, running, photography,running, the house, running, current happenings, and running, but not in that order... I know I don't use proper English and my spelling can suck at times. I use this as a creative outlet. My intentions on my blogs are not to verbally hurt or disrespect anybody. I respect the decision of those who decided to delete their blogs. I wish they didn't feel like they had to delete their blogs, but I understand.

Peace
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

You're one of the first people that really inspired me and I'm glad I found you through blogville. So I'm glad you kept your blog, but I'm still deciding what to do with mine.

The desserts sound divine. We all need a little big of heaven every now and then.

Pamela said...

Glad you're still here too ! :D Me- I'm too damn boring to be any sort of target for any of "them".. so for now it stays.. the night out sounds great tho!

leslie said...

I'm with you on the no blog deletion. I kept a blog for over a year, and an innocent comment was taken the wrong way by a family member, and in an inpulsive gesture of love, I deleted the entire thing. Do I regret it? Yeah, I kind of do, although having a new blog that family (except for husband) know nothing about is quite nice. I won't be deleting my blog again.

By the way, I'll be sending happy running thoughts your way a week from today. How cool that you get to do the inaugural R&R in San Jose!

Irene said...

Awww, shucks, Cherie. Thanks. ;) I would be sad to see your blog go, too, but if you have to delete it I would totally understand.

Pamela,
I guess I'm boring, too. :) That's just peachy with me! This whole slamming other people thing is just like being back at high school or younger... I just don't get it. What's the point? Glad to know you're keeping your blog, too.

Leslie,
I know other people who deleted theirs for similar reasons as yours, but started up a new blog later. My relatives and extended family members don't know I have a blog, 'cept for hubbie. Perhaps it's better that way... Thanks for the happy thoughts for my half marathon next Sunday! I'm looking forward to it!

shpprgrl said...

Definitely stay around. Never hit the D button!

I have that panic and change clothes sometimes too, wait that's all the time!! :)