Monday, September 11, 2006

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

I planned out my 20k run the night before. I had my hydration pack filled with water, gells ready to go, Propel and a towel in the trunk of my car, running clothes and shoes all stacked up and ready to, cell phone and ID in my hydration pack, I even set the alarm clock for 6:45 am... I woke up sick with the stomach flu. SmileyCentral.com Just grrreat... Grrrrr... It seems like we keep passing around something here. My daughter has it too. Towards the evening I thought I was feeling better and thought, just maybe, I could do my run on Sunday morning early. That didn't happen, either. TTOTM came on with a vengeance and I had a headache that felt like someone kicked me in the head. Peachy. If there's any consolation, I did rest my foot a little longer SmileyCentral.com I ended up going to the "new" old house on Sunday and cleaned up. The dining room actually looks like a dining room now, instead of a construction zone. Not what I had planned but I got something done. I'm hoping to get in my 20K this week at the lake.

Today is LBW.

Peace
SmileyCentral.com

4 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Monty Python

Bummer about the flu. My sister+family got it this weekend, so hopefully, it doesn't come to my house.

Hope you are 100% soon!!!!!

leslie said...

Maybe it's a sign that I'm a little "off" but whenever I have tummy troubles, I try to think, "Well, I usually come out the other side feeling leaner!"

Hope you're feeling better asap!

Evelyne said...

So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you're feeling better really soon.

Irene said...

Katie,
Winner!!! I hope you all stay away from the flu up there! Thanks for the well wishes. I hope I'm back to 100% soon, too.

Leslie,
I suppose that's one way to look at it. LOL. The trick is to keep the weight off in a healthy way once I get past this. Thanks. ;)

Evelyne,
Thanks. This has put a crimp in my schedule but I'm sure I'll be back on track in no time.