Monday, August 11, 2008

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N

I can't remember if I've mentioned before, but my husband and I will be going on a cruise this week. We fly out Thursday for Orlando, Florida, then we leave on a cruise liner on Friday from Port Canaveral for Nassau and Cococay. It's a 3 night 4 day cruise with about 17 of us from the Pinkdumbbells.com and Johnstone Fitness Forums. Technically, I belong to both groups, but I'm active on PDB. The great thing about this cruise is getting to meet some wonderful people. I'm looking forward to meeting Maggie, Kyra and Cathy, who I've only known from fitness sites as well as PDB. I still get the same perplexed looks when I tell someone I'm meeting people from the internet. No, they're not psycho maniacs. They've all been wonderful people. I've met several runners through blogs and running group sites, plus people from other fitness forums that have disbanded, but it's has always been a good thing. The common thread is the fitness and/or running thing. With fitness and running folks you can discuss your workouts, schedules, nutritional plans, sore muscles, aching limbs, PR's, and everyone knows what you're talking about. No blank stares back. It's so cool. I've had the chance to participate in a few runs with some of my blogger buddies, but I have yet to do a gym workout with any from the workout group. Perhaps a gym workout will happen on the cruise.

Needless to say, packing will be involved, and I really need to get with the program. We really don't have that much to pack, but we have a bad habit of over-packing. As I see it, we're not flying to Mars, we're going to Florida and sailing through the Bahamas. It's going to be hot and humid, and we'll probably be spending the majority of our time in shorts and swimsuits. We should be just fine.

Yesterday's song:
Some Like It Hot - Power Station - Run-DMZ

PEACE

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh have a WONDERFUL time!!! I would love to one day to that. Meet up with my BLENDS! That would be so great.

simplypink said...

You will have a great time on your cruise. Beware of those crazy internet people because I hear they're quite fun. *hehe*

I hate that I missed the last post. I knew that one!

leslie said...

Wasn't Pink Dumbbells where you and I met??? Have the BEST time, Irene!!!

Flo said...

Have a fabulous time!! I am sooooo jealous, I need a vacation in the worst way :)

Anne said...

I hope the cruise turns out to be as wonderful and inspirational and relaxing as it sounds now.

And no one's guessed at the title yet? First one that comes to mind is the Go Gos, but I'm not sure that's how they punctuatated their title, so I may be wrong.

Maybe I need a vacation cruise too....

Aka Alice said...

Ooohh...Have fun, have fun, have FUN!

(I always over pack too!)

Will you blog on your vay-cay?

Irene said...

Evelyne,
Thanks! Planning this trip took about a year to do amongst the two groups, but I'm looking forward to anything that gets my husband's frame of mind off work!

Simply Pink,
Hahaha! We're gonna have a blast!

Leslie,
I'm not sure how we met, perhaps part through PDB and just through eveyone's blogs. Either way, I'm glad we've met! We so need this vacay!

Flo,
I'm sure you hear this all the time, but, where do Hawaiian's go on vacation? LOL. I know how it is,though I live in vacation land, too. ;)

Anne,
You know how it is to meet other runners, and it's a pretty cool thing to have that common thread. It's the same way with the workout group, too.

AKA Alice,
I just plan on sweating a lot in Florida, so I packed with that in mind... I've still over packed, though! I'm going to try to post something while on vacation, but it probably won't be every day.