Monday, February 27, 2006

Workout DVD Review

I thought it would be a good idea to check out exercise DVD's through Netflix, taking the cue from Kyra on Muscletank. I took a gander at Denise Austin's "Shrink Your Female Fat Zones." I had to turn off the volume because Ms. Austin's voice really got to me and she wouldn't shut up. I couldn't deal with the constant chattiness and her raspy, slightly squeaky voice that resembles fingernails on a chalkboard. ... The workout, itself, is okay, but I would probably do it AFTER my 2.5 mile run because it's not that hard and it involves a lot of stretching, and as long as the mute button is pressed. I'd say this workout is good for someone who never really worked out before. I guess I had become accustomed to Rodney Yee's "Power Yoga - Total Body" DVD. No ongoing and annoying chattter!

Any Mardi Gras Image hosting by Photobucket or CarnivalImage hosting by Photobucket celebrations going on?

UBW Complete
I managed my UBW today, somewhat BFL style - but with higher reps, just to see what I could do. I'm not doing nearly the poundage I used to do, but I was able to go up to 12.5 pounds.

Reality Check:
Yesterday we went to the house and did more clean up work. I also did an entire free day, which I rarely do any more, and I felt it last night. I was sore from all the manual labor -- which included the heavy lifting, cleaning, moving, plus I was tired and bloated... There's still so much more to do... I couldn't image doing all that heavy work and NOT be in shape... We kicked @$$...

Things that went right:
*Viewed a workout DVD... Glad I didn't actually buy it!
*UBW, somewhat BFL style for chest, biceps and triceps. Triceps I could go up to 7.5 pounds - a slight improvment, and up to 12.5 for everything else.

Things that need improvment:
* I still can't do side raises with any weights, but I keep trying.

No comments: