Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday Workout

Image hosting by Photobucket
I am ever so thankful for waking up rested yesterday. Last night Michael tossed and turned all night, consequently keeping me up. I did get to sleep in a little bit, but it's hard to sleep when one cat is meowing in my ear and the other deciding that it's comfy to curl up on my stomach.

Reality Check:
5 for 5 this week! I WILL DO MY LSD RUN TOMORROW MORNING!


Things that went right:

*I did a few high reps, low weights of tricep kickbacks before getting into my LBW circuits.
I still have DOMS from the "Yard Work Workout" the other day, and my left arm elbow tendonitous issue isn't totally resolved, so I could only muster 5 sets, 20 reps at only 5 pounds... I tried to go heavier today but I started feeling those twinges again. I could have gone way heavier on the right arm, but didn't. This so sucks.
*LBW circuits - 5 sets, 20 reps with 50# total resistance rods on the Bowflex for leg curls and leg extensions, and 2 20# dumbbells for squats. I finished off with 200 crunches on the Bowflex on the incline, using 20# resistance.
*Nutrition and water intake is right on the mark.
*Added several "new" songs to the Ipod on my Running Playlist... "Bad Things" by Jace Everett was great for crunches but not long enough for 200 reps...

Things that need improvement:
*Build up more reps with the lower weights for my UBW. I suppose I could have done 5 sets of 30. I need to be more patient.
*Get out EARLY to run tomorrow, even if Michael doesn't want to... I have no excuse.

No comments: