Friday, May 06, 2005

Figuring out my arthritis

Yesterday I felt speedy on the gym's recumbent bike :) ... The forecast said rain but my joints weren't feeling so bad and I'm not quite sure why. I'm still figuring out what really aggravates my arthritis and what doesn't. So far, weather is the largest factor determining pain, and the second is being sedentary -- I do better when I stay active. I wish I could figure out how to harness and control barometric pressure just for my knees... Now, wouldn't that be something! I'm currently taking glucosamine-condroitin, MSM, Sam-e, calcium-citrate, and a multi-vitamin. Yesterday I purchased Rush-Tox and I'm adding that to my collection of supplements. The marathon is just a month away now and all I want to do is finish it. Prior to the diagnosis of arthritis I was convinced I'd run the marathon in well under 5 hours. Now it's a matter of participation and making it to the finish line on my own. I'm trying to do everything the books say to do in marathon training, but I won't exactly know how it will be until I get there...

No comments: