Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday Afternoon

I can't remember exactly where I found this meme, this is what I ended up with:


What Irene Means

I is for Influential

R is for Rich

E is for Edgy

N is for Nervy

E is for Emotional



Let's analyze, shall we?

Influential - I guess that depends on what your talking about. In the working out and running areas, perhaps a smidge - especially with my friends and family who don't work out or run, but that's about it.

Rich - Comfortable, but by no means rich. Perhaps I can look at "rich" as my life being rich with loved ones. (Yeah, that sounds good.)

Edgy - After 3 cups of coffee and no breakfast...

Nervy - How about nervous? All that caffiene gets a gal buzzy.

Emotional - Sure. But aren't we all?

Actually, in all the name dictionaries, my name means "Peace."

There was no specific workout or run today but I sanded a 8' X 12' floor, which is like doing abs, hamstrings, biceps, triceps, and shoulders. I also put down a coat of polyurethaine. I'm tired. There's an extra room in the garage. It was added when my dad was a teen, when his grandfather came to live with the family. His dad built him that little room. My dad loved it because it was away from the rest of the house. Since this old house has very little storage/closet space, we're turning that little room into a much needed closet for (mostly) clothes and it will serve as a dressing area, once we turn the garage into a liveable space. We've also purchased 3 inexpensive armoire/closet pieces from Home Depot to go in that space.

Afer all that sanding, my appetite went through the roof. Everything just tasted so good. I'm not even PMSing right now. I guess I can chalk this up to one of my "free" meal for the week.

It's Fat Tuesday! Happy Mardi Gras or Carnaval!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

barbie2be said...

oh, oh, oh... moody blues! i love the moody blues.

What Barbie Means
B is for Bright
A is for Amazing
R is for Rich
B is for Bright
I is for Irresistible
E is for Enlightened

apparently, i am REALLY bright... :)

Pamela said...

Tee hee -yep I had posted one of those last week :D

but you did a MUCh better job analyzing it~!

Kimberly said...

Yes, it's a good analysis. I LOVE your new does-everything phone. Love it.

Miss Rachel said...

I never knew that Irene means peace. I guess you could sign your blog entries "Irene" instead of "peace" but I guess then the message wouldn't be as clear. ;-)

Rachel means ewe in Hebrew, but someone once told me "el" means "of God" and that it translates as lamb of god, which to me sounds better than just ewe, although I like sheep.

Irene said...

Barbie2be,
WINNER!!! "Tuesday Afternoon" reminds me of when I took ice skating lessons a gazillion years ago. That song was on the rotation during public skate. :)

Pamela,
I guess that's where I saw it! :) I suppose if I generated my name again it would come up with different answers...

Cherie,
I'm liking the new phone and the features so far. Now, if I could set it to get my hubbie to put his dishes in the dishwasher, then we'd really have something! ;)

Rachel,
I think the complete meaning of my name is "goddess of peace." "Lamb of God" does sound better than just ewe... When I was having my kids, I made sure their name meanings weren't anything strange. My ex-sister-in-law legally got rid of her middle name because of what it meant.