Sunday, February 18, 2007

Call Me

I took care of my cell phone, small camera and GPS situation today. I did an upgrade and got myself a Motorola MOTOKRZR Fire. I haven't upgraded my cell phone since I replaced the one that was stolen from me back in 2003. My poor cell phone was really beat up. I went ahead and downloaded the wireless run tracker. I can't wait to use it, but it's supposed to RAIN tomorrow. GAH! It also comes with capabilities to download or add my own music, and I did get the software for that, but I need to make sure it's not going to cost an arm and a leg to use that feature. I'll definitely post a report on how everything works out once I get to actually use it.

After yesterday's run I realized that I need to make some big changes if I want to finish my next marathon under 5 hours. I'm running about the same pace I've been running for long distance training for at least 2 years, give or take a few minutes here and there. Not much has changed in my training, mostly because I've been afraid of the pain associated with arthritis, which is a big concern. I'm leaning towards joining a group or some sort of coach, just so I know I'm doing everything right. I realize I need to do so much more if I want to achieve more. You would think I would already know this, since I've been through the plateau thing before with weight loss, gaining muscle and weight training. It's really time to make a change.

AND... After yesterday's run, I found out that Anne (Run-DMZ) was at the same location with a training group! I wished I would have been a little nosey and asked what all the groups were about! I could have ran up to say hello. Oh well. I suppose there will be a next time.

Peace

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

8 comments:

Anne said...

There are several groups training in and around Mission Bay right now for the RnR in June (I assume that's the marathon you're referring to). My track club's program sold out in December, but I do know there are several others that may still have openings, like West Coast Road Runners and InMotion. However, another idea is to run with this group called Run with Greg. I've been tempted to join up with them since my friends say it's a great group.

And since I'm first -- the title's from a song by BLONDIE. Yes? Could it be I finally got one!!!!

Pamela said...

Good job there Anne! Yep it's Blondie alright! & running with a Group sounds like a fun thing!

KatieFeldmom said...

Just checking in!!!!!
Very cool phone!
Regarding your run...I remember that area when we were in SD last summer. It is so nice!!!!!!

Irene said...

Anne,
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I'll check out Greg's group. :) WINNER!!!!!!

Pamela,
It would be fun to get in with a running group, even if it's a monthly thing.

Katie,
So far, the phone has been a good upgrade. When the kids were little we would take them to that particular park to ride bikes.

barbie2be said...

i did a five mile walk on friday afternoon in 1:13. i feel pretty good about that. it means that if i can keep a decent pace on the hayes street hill i should be about to walk the bay to breakers in 1:30 or so. yippee!

Anonymous said...

Great looking phone. I love fiddling with new stuff like that. Have fun with it!

Irene said...

Barbie2be,
That's a pretty fast walk! My brother is still trying to get me to do B2B, he's in Fremont, but it's right before the SDRNR Marathon...

Evelyne,
I was LONG overdue for an upgrade. I had a minor glitch with the V-Cast thingy, but a few minutes with tech support and a fix from the internet got it working. :)

Anonymous said...

I've noticed that phone! It looks red hot! Let us know if you like it, and how long it takes to learn to use it. ;)