Saturday, February 17, 2007

Alone

Today I did a slow run, about 5.5 miles in 55:47. I'm sort of guessing the on the milage. I really should figure out my new route on mapmyrun.com.


I must confess that I feel totally blessed to live where I do. I have to pinch myself sometimes. At 8:00 am there were all kinds of people running, bike riding, in groups exercising, walking, boating, etc. I really should get a cheap-o, small digital camera to take on my long runs. It's hard to run with my big-ass digital camera with all the big lenses and gear. Sometimes words can't express how beautiful a day is. This morning was just fabulous. Hubbie was still home in bed with the stomach flu, so went alone. Before I took off, I was thinking that it might seem weird to know I was technically "alone," but I really didn't feel alone with everyone out there being so active.

After my run and stretching a bit, I trekked out to the grocery store for "comfort foods" for my DH, such as ginger ale, crackers, popsicles, etc. I'm sure he'll be fine, it's just getting past the icks.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Peace

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


****EDIT****
I finally got around to updating today's run on mapmyrun.com. The distance turned out to be 5.51 miles. Not bad for guessing. I ran a 10.07 min/mi. Check it out here.

7 comments:

Christie said...

I sooo feel ya on the blessed thing...of course I am NoCal...not as good as SoCal...but still can't complain, it was beautiful yesterday and today...hoping tomorrow will be beautiful as well. Congrats on your run. I have committed to the Bay To Breakers this year...wooohooo...I may not be able to run the whole thing, but I am sure gonna try.

Anonymous said...

You are definitely a lucky ducky! I can see how the good camera would really get in the way. I was looking at cameras for Kidlet and saw one that comes on a keychain. It's probably not that great though. Definitely find one, so that you can take pictures to share with us. ;)

Pamela said...

I'm still jealous of you being down there..& I'm stuck up in the rain!!

As to the song btw.. it's Heart.. now I'll have that stuck in my head all day ! thanks!

Irene said...

Christie,
My brother is in No. Ca, and it's really pretty up there. I try not to take for granted how wonderful it is here. I really try and absorb a beautiful day. Even the not so beautiful days aren't too shabby, either.

Pamela & Shopper,
I'm definitely blessed. Oh, I went and bought a nifty gadget that takes care of my phone, camera and gps needs! I'm so giddy about it I could burst!

Irene said...

Ohhhhhh, PAMELA!!! WINNER with Heart! Sheesh, I almost forgot to say that! It's one of my favs. I actually liked it a little better when Carrie Underwood sang it on AI, but don't tell anyone... ;)

chantal2bfit said...

Oh shoot! Pamela beat me to the song! That's one of my favorite!

You are lucky to be blessed with wonderful weather. I'm jealous.

Great run! Someday, 10:07 min/mile will be considered "slow" for me too. ;)

Irene said...

Chantal,
I try not to take the nice weather for granted. I am truly thankful for because I keep hearing that this summer is going to be a scorcher! As for running, I am always blown away by the people who always pass me by, and they're running the same route, same distance. I guess there's always room to grow! :)